Yesterday I mailed the first query letter for my novel. The agent I'm contacting has represented some wonderful books, so I'm hoping to get a "Please send more" response. Hoping. Then again, I think authors are supposed to get, like, twenty rejections before an acceptance. So...I took a photograph of the letter when it was all pretty and ready to mail, then I realized that it wouldn't be smart to post the photo on the internet because A.) My address was visible, and B.) The agent's address was visible. Instead, please enjoy this in-progress photo of my St. Patrick's painting.
So I've been working on the St. Patrick's painting. (See the drawing here.) I'm making a sincere effort to make these menacing druids very creepy, because I don't usually paint creepy. The druid on the far right has a blurry lump for a face right now, because instead of an ominous stare he ended up with sort of an angry pig expression, so I rubbed out the paint. I'll try again tomorrow to give him a face...I've been sick the past few weeks, and I find that drains a lot of my energy.
Also, I looked at my blog stats and realized I now have 98 followers! Very amazing! Thank you to everyone who's following me. :-)